Huawei MateBook D AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marcia
Level 3
Level 3

Huawei MateBook D AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

Post by marcia »

Hello Everyone,

I am strongly considering this laptop today since there is a special price of 449.99 I believe at certain Walmart Neighborhood Markets. It is at Newegg for this amount: 599.99 Huawei MateBook D AMD Ryzen 5 2500U (2.00 GHz) 8 GB Memory 256 GB SSD AMD Radeon Vega 8 14.0" Windows 10 Home 64-Bit laptop .

I found some reviews that made it seem like almost everyone loved it. The drawback for me is that it only has 8 gigs of ram soldered in and cannot be upgraded. The ssd can be upgraded. Otherwise for me it seems perfect. For the price I can live with this, I believe.

There is a video on youtube that shows that it works with ubuntu 18.3 or 4 do not remember exactly. I have read that others are getting it to work with linux just fine. Any thoughts? Do not know if I just should be patient and get a 2700u later on with upgradeable ram as well as hd or ssd. Here is a link for more info: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6834324036 .

I will appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you.

Marcia
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marcia
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Huawei MateBook D AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

Post by marcia »

Hello All,

Just an update. The Walmart deal is gone for sure. I have held off on this for now. I may get it after all but will do
some comparing with other brands. I will only get a ryzen 5 or 7 laptop. I am not a gamer but like to do video
editing and want something lightweight for travel, but well built, upgrade-able with ssd or hd and ram if possible. I do
not need touchscreen. Must be 8 gigs of ram at least and full hd, ips would be nice.

If anyone knows of any good ones in a low price range up to $650 you are welcome to let me know.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Marcia

Return to “Installation & Boot”