initramfs boot error (cannot type)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cronyc

initramfs boot error (cannot type)

Post by cronyc »

I got the initramfs error message when I tried to boot. All the solutions I found included typing some commands. However, I cannot type anything.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
philotux

Re: initramfs boot error (cannot type)

Post by philotux »

Hi cronyc,

I would boot into a live USB, launch Gparted, right click on the Linux partitions on my drive and run a check filesystem from there. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

If it doesn't, please take a photo of the error messages you get and post it here for those forum members who are able to assist you to have an idea of what might be wrong
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

Yes, definitely post the error message if you can. Meanwhile, maybe something here will help:

viewtopic.php?t=273680
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

i feel like i'm stating the obvious here, boot with a different kernel or use timeshift to restore your system to when it worked
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

trytip wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm i feel like i'm stating the obvious here, boot with a different kernel or use timeshift to restore your system to when it worked
That should work, IF he can do either of them.

Return to “Installation & Boot”