Issues setting up dual boot [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
share3141

Issues setting up dual boot [SOLVED]

Post by share3141 »

I have a Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF (U3E1) motherboard. I am attempting to set up a dual boot machine – Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19. I installed Windows 10 and my BIOS settings were Windows 8/10 Features. No problems - everything is working fine.
I then carved out a partition on the boot drive and installed Mint using “/” as the root. I changed the BIOS settings to say “Other OS”. No problems.
However, when I boot I do not have a menu that allows me to select if I want to boot from Windows or Mint.
If I change the boot options priorities to Windows Boot Manager” I can boot Windows 10. If I change the boot options to boot from my hard drive Mint comes up.
What did I do wrong and how can I fix this?
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
philotux

Re: Issues setting up dual boot

Post by philotux »

Maybe this could help:
Boot into Mint. Open a terminal and runsudo update-grub. When it's done, reboot and see if you get a Grub menu from which you can choose the OS to boot up.

Return to “Installation & Boot”