Linux Mint not showing up in Windows 10's boot from USB section. Should I be worried?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cxf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint not showing up in Windows 10's boot from USB section. Should I be worried?

Post by cxf »

I'm not sure if this is an unnecessary question but I decided I'd make sure.
When I go to Windows 10's own section for booting from an usb (recovery settings), the Linux Mint USB doesn't show up.
Now this isn't a problem for me since it works fine from the motherboard's boot menu. I'm just wondering if I've used the wrong settings for the USB.
From the motherboard's boot menu everything works fine and the integrity check didn't find any issues.
I have verified the ISO.

For the USB creation I used Rufus. I left everything else at the defaults but I changed it to GPT and UEFI only. I used ISO mode when it asked whether I wanted ISO or DD mode to be used.
I had Kubuntu with these same settings on the same USB and it showed up properly in Windows 10's boot from USB screen.

I guess what I want as an answer is someone to tell me that everything's okay :p I'm just overly cautious especially with computers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”