Password help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jdegrandpre
Level 1
Level 1

Password help

Post by jdegrandpre »

Loving the new Mint. I can't believe how fast it is compared to Windows 10.

Yesterday, when booting into Mint, it is asking for a password. It is the first time this has happened. After I put in my password, it will not accept it. I am sure of my password.

I am now unable to use Mint. What can I do to correct this issue?

Thanks,
Jeff
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Password help

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Jeff.

Please, follow the steps given by Pjotr here, Forgotten password: how to recover from this in Linux Mint, in order to assign a new password to your user account.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
jdegrandpre
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jdegrandpre »

I have a dual boot system. Does this make a difference? I am brand new at this and am not sure I know what a Grub menu is.

Thanks,
Jeff
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

No worries... GRUB is the boot loader that allows you to choose which OS to boot, and then either boots Linux, or hand off to the Windows boot loader. Pjotr's blog gives step-by-step instructions so that you can follow them without even knowing what each step is or does. Don't worry he's trustworthy, just follow the steps and you will be back in biz.

Return to “Installation & Boot”