Before you post please read how to get help
jgn2112
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 stops installing when it gets to Grub2 installation

Post by jgn2112 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Code: Select all

fw  fwupx64.efi  grub.cfg  grubx64.efi
I do have a second thumb drive but does it have to be made from the live USB or can I make another live USB from one of my other computers? I think installing the software to make an ISO image live on a second USB from a live linux USB might be beyond my abilities.

JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Post by JeremyB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Can you remove the USB and try to boot the computer?

If your USB drives are different size it should be easy to do with the USB image writer in Mint

drcross
Level 1
Level 1

Post by drcross » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:22 am

I'd like to add that I am having the same issue. i'm trying the Tessa install, with USB, onto a brand new ssd and I have the grub install error. The machine is connected to the internet, as I saw in other threads that this may potentially be the issue. Previous installs were fine on this hardware. Unfortunately I lack linux fortitude for figuring out the cause myself but if anyone can recommend troubleshooting or log gathering I can try that to maybe determine the root cause for others. Thanks!

drcross
Level 1
Level 1

Post by drcross » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:06 am

I wanted to update on everyone on my last reply. Today I built a USB stick using a Macbook with Etcher and the mint install worked first time. Previous to this I was using unetbootin on linux and it wouldn't work, this might help someone.

Return to “Installation & Boot”