Can't Boot Into My Bootable USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TrackRunny

Can't Boot Into My Bootable USB

Post by TrackRunny »

Hi, I really need some help or else I cannot go back into my PC. I was running a Linux-Mint Dual boot PC with Windows 10 alongside it. When I was in windows 10 I deleted the Mint Partition as I wanted to reinstall in. It was 50GB. So when I restarted the computer this message came up. Ill leave the link Below. I have a windows ten usb that I can boot from. Whenever I try to boot from it nothing happens. I configured the boot priority in the BIOS, so USB is first. Then the HDD/SSD. After I did that It still will not boot. Can one please help me, as I would like to have my computer back.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 114551.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can't Boot Into My Bootable USB

Post by deepakdeshp »

I found that sometimes there are 2 place in BIOS where you need to set the priority. Please go through all screens and explore.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Post by pbear »

Are you able to boot the Mint ISO you used to install in the first place? If so, I'd go directly to reinstalling, as that should fix the Grub problem. If you want to fix Windows before reinstalling, there's no Linux tool for that. Instead, you do it with a Windows system repair disk. See, e.g., How-To Geek.
n2locarz

Post by n2locarz »

pbear nailed it. His link should get fix the issue. I have become an expert on "getting my system hosed while messing with Linux" and feel bad for others that follow. It's far to easy to do this.
TrackRunny

Post by TrackRunny »

Thanks Guys, I'll try some of these. If it works I'll make sure to post it.

Return to “Installation & Boot”