Instal frozen at "Where are you?"

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Instal frozen at "Where are you?"

Post by lsemmens »

I'm attempting to install Mint 18 XFCE on an old ACER desktop and install appears to have frozen at the screen that allows me to select my locale. No keyboard or mouse responses at all. Are there any potential hazards that I may need to be aware of. Prior to this the machine was happily running XP. Not sure of any spec as inxi -Fxz won't work whilst the screen is froze and I cannot identify the CPU all I know is that it is a Pentium Core2 (I think) with only 1Gb ram (From what I can determine from the only memory stick I can see.) So that might be my issue there.

Thoughts, anyone? Maybe a better Mint to install on this machine?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Instal frozen at "Where are you?"

Post by deepakdeshp »

Boot from.usb and before you start installation, run inxi -Fxz and post result in code tags. The usb install media may be bad
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Instal frozen at "Where are you?"

Post by lsemmens »

That is to be my next attempt. given the raw "power" (sarcasm intended) of the system, I was hoping that it was just a little slow. Will play with his again in the morning. Thanks for your attempt at help, anyway.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Installation & Boot”