Can't Access Linux Mint 19.1

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aakk

Can't Access Linux Mint 19.1

Post by aakk »

Here's my situation now: I finally installed Mint 19.1 and during installation I think I selected Encrypt something and entered passwords. Now I can't access Mint 19.1. I get a message that says: Please unlock Disk and the following sda3_crypt.
I tied entering passwords I selected and even those characters but cannot get in. Can you help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Can't Access Linux Mint 19.1

Post by catweazel »

aakk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 am Here's my situation now: I finally installed Mint 19.1 and during installation I think I selected Encrypt something and entered passwords. Now I can't access Mint 19.1. I get a message that says: Please unlock Disk and the following sda3_crypt.
I tied entering passwords I selected and even those characters but cannot get in. Can you help?
The quickest and easiest thing to do is clean install without encryption, and use VeraCrypt to protect things you want to keep away from prying eyes. Once you're more familiar with linux, then try encryption, after backing everything up.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
aakk

Post by aakk »

OK, but how do I get into the computer??
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

You don't need to get into the current installation. You can just repeat the installation, and this time, avoid choosing the encryption option that you chose before..

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Installation & Boot”