failure in installation GPU RX580

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kiba

failure in installation GPU RX580

Post by kiba »

hello everyone I am nobo in linux, I got bored of windows 10 and change, the issue is that I was not allowed to install any distro, change uefy, legacy and everything but the message "(initramfs) unable to find a live medium containing a live file system "always came out, except when you remove the video card and install only with the integrated, the problem is that when you put the card again sticks the system to show the desktop, install ubuntu 18, 19, debian, zorin and now and I always have the same problem, the gpu works without problems from windows but here there is no case that allows me to make it work, sorry if it is not understood, but I am using a translator since I am from Chile and English is not it's very good
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kiba

Re: failure in installation GPU RX580

Post by kiba »

In addition to everything tested previously try to update the kernel that brings by default mint 19 to version 5 and also the option with nomodeset in the beginning, the truth, I do not know what else to do .... help pls
ZakGordon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: failure in installation GPU RX580

Post by ZakGordon »

Hi kiba, firstly i have not successfully tried to fully install a discrete GPU in Linux yet, so i won't be able to offer much advice. Having said that you should maybe look over the threads in the section of the Mint forum that deals specifically with GPU related things and post there? here is the link for where you should probably be looking:

viewforum.php?f=59

Read the FAQ's on 'how to get help' and good luck :)

Also maybe check out the different language sections of the forum here:

viewforum.php?f=62

You might find some people that can help in your native language (or close to it)?
Laptop overheating? Check link here:itsfoss guide . Also a move from Cinnamon to XFCE can give a -5 to -10 degrees C change on overheating hardware.

Build a modern dual-boot Ryzen Win7/Linux Mint PC:Tutorial

Return to “Installation & Boot”