Is this really meant to be installed?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Is this really meant to be installed?

Post by zcot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm

As mentioned, yes, it should be relatively easy. And sure, there might be a few caveats for the situation, or questions you have, but most anybody here is very willing to try to help out.

There are many quality users here, and friendly, who are surely willing to try to help. But you'll want to interact in a way to where everybody is making headway. People are less willing to help when they don't have a clue as to what you are experiencing because it forces them to just take a guess and try to give generic info that might be helpful or might be totally irrelevant to the situation. And that scenario is not as good for you, or for them. -At least that's how I feel when trying to offer help.

Here's some random nugget of info, and it IS useful, but not sure if it's useful for this scenario, I don't really know what this scenario is. Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/

and here's 19.1 Cinnamon Release Notes: https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tessa_cinnamon.php

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Is this really meant to be installed?

Post by jimallyn » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:08 am

bozzchem wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm
Since I've tried this at least a dozen times …
My first suggestion: don't wait so long before asking for help. You'll never get it done when you're frustrated.

Second suggestion: provide the information that those who are trying to help you have asked for.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Installation & Boot”