Ubuntu installer only allows me to install it on the USB/ Solo me aparece el USB en el instalador como localización

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Albertooo
Level 1
Level 1

Ubuntu installer only allows me to install it on the USB/ Solo me aparece el USB en el instalador como localización

Post by Albertooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:09 pm

First of all, sorry if my english isnt that good.
Soo, I’m starting my first year of informatics engineering and I have to install Windows and Ubuntu on my recently bought MacBook Pro (I know I should have bought a laptop with linux or windows but I wanted to give myself this “gift” with the money I got on my holidays’ job, shitty decision I guess) However, I installed Windows with bootcamp, no prob, and went for Ubuntu 18,04,3 64bit, with dualboot, everything went perfect, till I started ubuntu “trial version”(?) and started the ubuntu installer, well, even tho I have created both, the swap and the ubuntu partition, when I try to install it, only allows me to choose the USB as the launcher localisation!
Thanks!!! And if someone needs an spanish translate just tell me/si alguien necesita una traducción al español que me lo diga!

pbear
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Ubuntu installer only allows me to install it on the USB/ Solo me aparece el USB en el instalador como localización

Post by pbear » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Hello, Albertooo. This is the Mint forum, not Ubuntu. Mint is based on Ubuntu but they are different in many ways. You will have better success if you take this question to the Ubuntu Forum. First do a forum search and see whether prior threads have the information you seek. (From a quick search, I see there are many threads about dual booting Ubuntu and Mac.) If not, register and start a new one. Good luck.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
If your problem has been solved, please edit the thread title.

Return to “Installation & Boot”