Problem with installation of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinamon (64bit) [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Manosman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem with installation of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinamon (64bit)

Post by Manosman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:28 pm

athi wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:55 am
OK, looks like the Mint installation is good, Mint was just set to boot after Win10. Can you see Windows boot manager as an option in the GRUB menu listing?

As far as permanently moving the Mint HDD ahead of Win10 HDD, there should be a setting in the Boot section of UEFI that shows both Win10 boot manager and Mint boot loader. Any changes made there would be permanent. I cannot find where this would be reading through the manual. Expand each item inside of the Boot section and see if you can find it. As long as you don't save the changes in UEFI, looking around would not cause any change.

Are you talking about the data that was on Win10? Open a file manager and you will see the Win10 partition listed under Devices. Click on the device to mount the partition and you can access the data. Before you do this, make sure that Win10 fast startup is disabled, otherwise you could corrupt the Win10 partition. If you have not backup your data, boot into Win10 and backup your data before doing anything else.

Edit: link to tutorial on how to disable Win10 fast startup: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disa ... st-startup
Yes, I have the option to boot Win10 from the boot menu. And I also found the files, thanks for that!
And finally, I found the setting and now I boot right to the 1TB SSD.

Really thanks for everything guys! I'll be posting more questions soon though XD.

How can I edit the thread title? XD
---
Manosman

athi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Problem with installation of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinamon (64bit)

Post by athi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Click on the pencil icon to edit post. Please edit first post and add [Solved] to the subject line.
Mint Mate 19.1. Main rig is HP 800G2 I5 6500 16GB ram, 120GB boot drive, 2x3TB, 1x4TB data drives. Oldest rig is Mate 18.3 on Dell D620 with 32bits core duo.

Manosman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem with installation of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinamon (64bit) [SOLVED]

Post by Manosman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Got it! Thanks! :D
---
Manosman

Return to “Installation & Boot”