Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
antoniosfarouk
Level 1
Level 1

Update issue

Post by antoniosfarouk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Code: Select all

W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target CNF (non-free/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target CNF (non-free/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target CNF (non-free/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4
W: Target CNF (non-free/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera-stable.list:4

when I want to run the command sudo apt-get update I receive this message!

Moem
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Update issue

Post by Moem » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Use the button in the Maintenance tab of the update manager to remove duplicate entries.
Here you go, third from the top:
removeduplicate.png

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:52 pm

While you are at it click the first two in that list as well.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by karlchen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:14 am

blueocean wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:52 pm
While you are at it click the first two in that list as well.
Why do you suggest to click buttons meant to solve problems, which have not been reported? :?
Moem's advice to click the third button from top, [Remove duplicate entries], is sufficient to solve the reported problem (duplicated entries in some sources list files).
Linux Mint 19.2 32-bit xfce Desktop, Total Commander 9.22a 32-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 pm

Lack of knowledge. Accustomed to shotgun approach. I knew it wouldn't hurt anything. It's usually what I do when I have an update glitch. I look at it now as it could of been construed as rude to suggest going beyond Moem's resolution , but believe me, I did not intend that at all. I apologize.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by karlchen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 am

blueocean wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 pm
Accustomed to shotgun approach.
I had suspected so. :wink:
While it will neither do any harm in this case, it will not do more good than clicking the [Remove duplicate entries] button only.
Linux Mint 19.2 32-bit xfce Desktop, Total Commander 9.22a 32-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

Return to “Installation & Boot”