Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pbear
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5662
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by pbear »

Haven't read the thread in a while, so apologies if this was tried already, but Rjveral's post suggests a simple workaround. Per Google translate, his (or her) system will shutdown cleanly if swap is disabled first. Easy to test. Run sudo swapoff -a, then shutdown now. If that works, it's relatively easy to create a script or launcher which does the same thing. Just a suggestion. Can't test myself, as I'm not having the problem.
missmoondog
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by missmoondog »

timppu wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:02 pm
frogy wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:18 am
Over a month now and the problem is still here. :(
For me, some recent update (either yesterday or today) fixed this in Linux Mint XFCE 19.3. Now the system shuts down properly, and also I don't see that "kvm: exiting hardware virtualization" nor the "Protocol errors" messages anymore. Earlier I got rid of by those protocol error messages by some suggestions here, but the shutdown/reboot still got stuck right after that kvm message.

Now everything is fine for me once again. I hope it stays this way.
nope, still have this issue on the 1 machine i've been on since you posted that!
desades
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by desades »

pbear wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm
Haven't read the thread in a while, so apologies if this was tried already, but Rjveral's post suggests a simple workaround. Per Google translate, his (or her) system will shutdown cleanly if swap is disabled first. Easy to test. Run sudo swapoff -a, then shutdown now. If that works, it's relatively easy to create a script or launcher which does the same thing. Just a suggestion. Can't test myself, as I'm not having the problem.
not worked, error continues to appear on shutdown
missmoondog
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by missmoondog »

desades wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:38 am
pbear wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm
Haven't read the thread in a while, so apologies if this was tried already, but Rjveral's post suggests a simple workaround. Per Google translate, his (or her) system will shutdown cleanly if swap is disabled first. Easy to test. Run sudo swapoff -a, then shutdown now. If that works, it's relatively easy to create a script or launcher which does the same thing. Just a suggestion. Can't test myself, as I'm not having the problem.
not worked, error continues to appear on shutdown
yep, discovered same here on both machines now that display this error.
pbear
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5662
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by pbear »

Oh well, worth a try. Good luck, ya'll.
missmoondog
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by missmoondog »

had previously thought i had this issue on 3 machines but wasn't 100% positive, but now i am. :(
pbear
Level 15
Level 15
Posts: 5662
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by pbear »

missmoondog wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:25 am
had previously thought i had this issue on 3 machines but wasn't 100% positive, but now i am. :(
To save me from skimming all five pages, have you folks tried "raising elephants," i.e., REISUB or REISUO?
Just trying to get a handle on the issue for future reference. Thanks.
missmoondog
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by missmoondog »

pbear wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:29 pm
missmoondog wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:25 am
had previously thought i had this issue on 3 machines but wasn't 100% positive, but now i am. :(
To save me from skimming all five pages, have you folks tried "raising elephants," i.e., REISUB or REISUO?
Just trying to get a handle on the issue for future reference. Thanks.
no, i haven't. as has been stated many times in this thread, it doesn't cause any issues when shutting down, it's just the fact those messages show up. the only difference i see other than those showing up is that the mint logo doesn't show up when shutting down.
ericj
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by ericj »

Last time I rebooted I didn't see these messages(s), but during shutdown the "washing machine" Linux logo appeared briefly, which wasn't happening before so may be they just weren't visible.
User avatar
pilotbob42
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by pilotbob42 »

timppu wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 am
Now it occurred to me, could this be two separate problems that just happened to appear at the same time for some (including me)?

I see two groups of people reporting about this:

1. Those error messages + shutdown or reboot hangs.

2. Those error messages but everything else is peachy, no shutdown problems. (I'd gather people who have the graphical splashscreen obstructing the shutdown messages don't even see these errors even if they get them; I have changed it so that I always see the messages during boot time and shutdown for just these sort of cases, instead of looking at some Mint logo and wondering why it is stuck).

So if e.g. casper + finalrd causes only those error messages, then it could be something else that causes the shutdown hanging. So I got rid of the error messages by uninstalling casper + finalrd, but that didn't fix the shutdown problem.

Hands up, has the removal of casper + finalrd fixed the shutdown hanging for anyone?
I'm in that first group. I have the error messages AND a hang on shutdown or restart. When I remove casper and finalrd the messages go away, but I still have the hang on shutdown/restart. So, I do think you are on to something. There are two separate issues being discussed here.

And for what it's worth, I'm on Intel graphics so I don't think it's related to any sort of Nvidia issue as some have suggested.

Code: Select all

System:    Host: Bobs-EeeBox Kernel: 5.3.0-51-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 
Machine:   Type: Desktop System: ASUSTeK product: EB1036 v: 1403 serial: <root required> 
           Mobo: ASUSTeK model: EB1036 v: Rev 1.xx serial: <root required> UEFI: ASUSTeK v: 1403 date: 11/25/2015 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Celeron J1900 bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 1024 KiB 
           Speed: 1333 MHz min/max: 1333/2416 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1333 2: 1333 3: 1333 4: 1333 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Bay Trail v: 4.2 Mesa 19.2.8 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.3.0-51-generic 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
           IF: enp2s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
           Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k 
           IF: wlp4s0 state: up
           Device-3: Toshiba Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 447.06 GiB used: 108.02 GiB (24.2%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: H W RAID0 size: 447.06 GiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 438.95 GiB used: 108.02 GiB (24.6%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 54.0 C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 0 
Info:      Processes: 203 Uptime: 23m Memory: 7.66 GiB used: 999.6 MiB (12.7%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.32 
fabceolin
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by fabceolin »

Using the kernel 5.0.0-32-generic the problem was gone!

I was using kernel 5.3.0-53-generic
User avatar
karlchen
Level 21
Level 21
Posts: 13691
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:21 am
Location: Germany

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by karlchen »

Just for the files:
fabceolin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 am
Using the kernel 5.0.0-32-generic the problem was gone.
The kernel series 5.0.0 reached the end of its supported life in February 2020.

Side note about my own machine where I come across the message "Failed to wait for process: Protocol error" during shutdown regularly: It runs on 4.15.0-101. Replacing the supported LTS kernel is not an option, which will manage to creep up into my mind. Never ever. :wink:

Code: Select all

$ inxi -Sx3
System:    Host: unimatrix0 Kernel: 4.15.0-101-generic i686 bits: 32 compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0 Desktop: Xfce 4.14.1 
           tk: Gtk 3.22.30 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm4 dm: LightDM 1.26.0 Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 
           base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Image
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
anayakul
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by anayakul »

:D :D :D :) :) :)
ZFR wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 am
Recently, when I shutdown I get the following error repeated 5 or 6 times.

[XXX.XXXXXX] shutdown[1]: Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

X are numbers that change every time.

I haven't installed anything new recently, but I did all the updates the Update Manager shows.

Here is my inxi output

Code: Select all

System:
  Host: D Kernel: 5.3.0-28-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc 
  v: 7.4.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm: muffin 4.4.2 dm: LightDM 1.26.0 
  Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: Z97X-Gaming GT v: x.x serial: <filter> 
  BIOS: American Megatrends v: F7 date: 09/19/2015 
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-4790K bits: 64 type: MT MCP 
  arch: Haswell rev: 3 L2 cache: 8192 KiB 
  flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 64002 
  Speed: 4000 MHz min/max: 800/4000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 4000 2: 4000 
  3: 4000 4: 4000 5: 4000 6: 4000 7: 4000 8: 4000 
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] vendor: Gigabyte driver: nvidia 
  v: 435.21 bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 10de:13c2 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: nvidia 
  unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,nouveau,vesa resolution: 1920x1200~60Hz 
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 435.21 
  direct render: Yes 
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 9 Series Family HD Audio vendor: Gigabyte 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 chip ID: 8086:8ca0 
  Device-2: NVIDIA GM204 High Definition Audio vendor: Gigabyte 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 04:00.1 chip ID: 10de:0fbb 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.3.0-28-generic 
Network:
  Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E220x Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Gigabyte 
  driver: alx v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 06:00.0 chip ID: 1969:e091 
  IF: enp6s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 2.29 TiB used: 969.52 GiB (41.4%) 
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Samsung model: SSD 850 PRO 512GB size: 476.94 GiB 
  speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter> rev: 1B6Q scheme: MBR 
  ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Seagate model: ST2000NM0053-1C1175 size: 1.82 TiB 
  speed: 6.0 Gb/s rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: SS04 scheme: MBR 
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 42.77 GiB used: 15.96 GiB (37.3%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
  ID-2: /home size: 124.46 GiB used: 13.13 GiB (10.5%) fs: ext4 
  dev: /dev/sda5 
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 74.0 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 36 C 
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 49% 
Repos:
  No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list 
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:stevenpusser.list 
  1: deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/xUbuntu_18.04/ /
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list 
  1: deb http://packages.linuxmint.com tricia main upstream import backport #id:linuxmint_main
  2: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main restricted universe multiverse
  3: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates main restricted universe multiverse
  4: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports main restricted universe multiverse
  5: deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-security main restricted universe multiverse
  6: deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ bionic partner
Info:
  Processes: 260 Uptime: N/A Memory: 31.22 GiB used: 1.59 GiB (5.1%) 
  Init: systemd v: 237 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 7.4.0 alt: 7 Shell: bash 
  v: 4.4.20 running in: gnome-terminal inxi: 3.0.32 
anayakul
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by anayakul »

:D :D :D :) :) :)
pilotbob42 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:43 pm
timppu wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 am
Now it occurred to me, could this be two separate problems that just happened to appear at the same time for some (including me)?

I see two groups of people reporting about this:

1. Those error messages + shutdown or reboot hangs.

2. Those error messages but everything else is peachy, no shutdown problems. (I'd gather people who have the graphical splashscreen obstructing the shutdown messages don't even see these errors even if they get them; I have changed it so that I always see the messages during boot time and shutdown for just these sort of cases, instead of looking at some Mint logo and wondering why it is stuck).

So if e.g. casper + finalrd causes only those error messages, then it could be something else that causes the shutdown hanging. So I got rid of the error messages by uninstalling casper + finalrd, but that didn't fix the shutdown problem.

Hands up, has the removal of casper + finalrd fixed the shutdown hanging for anyone?
I'm in that first group. I have the error messages AND a hang on shutdown or restart. When I remove casper and finalrd the messages go away, but I still have the hang on shutdown/restart. So, I do think you are on to something. There are two separate issues being discussed here.

And for what it's worth, I'm on Intel graphics so I don't think it's related to any sort of Nvidia issue as some have suggested.

Code: Select all

System:    Host: Bobs-EeeBox Kernel: 5.3.0-51-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 
Machine:   Type: Desktop System: ASUSTeK product: EB1036 v: 1403 serial: <root required> 
           Mobo: ASUSTeK model: EB1036 v: Rev 1.xx serial: <root required> UEFI: ASUSTeK v: 1403 date: 11/25/2015 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Celeron J1900 bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 1024 KiB 
           Speed: 1333 MHz min/max: 1333/2416 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1333 2: 1333 3: 1333 4: 1333 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Bay Trail v: 4.2 Mesa 19.2.8 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.3.0-51-generic 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
           IF: enp2s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
           Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k 
           IF: wlp4s0 state: up
           Device-3: Toshiba Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 447.06 GiB used: 108.02 GiB (24.2%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: H W RAID0 size: 447.06 GiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 438.95 GiB used: 108.02 GiB (24.6%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 54.0 C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 0 
Info:      Processes: 203 Uptime: 23m Memory: 7.66 GiB used: 999.6 MiB (12.7%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.32 
benawhile
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by benawhile »

I'm having this problem too so I will watch the forum. I am only a basic level user, don't understand code. I have posted elsewhere with shutdown problems but recognised the title phrase from a screenshot.
kurtburt1001
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by kurtburt1001 »

I've been using the 5.3.0-51 kernel recently in both Linux 19.3 and LMDE4. There is no hang on restart or shutdown using the -51 kernel.

As soon as I upgrade the kernel to -53 both systems hang with a blank screen on both restart & shutdown. I have to hold the power button to resume.
I've gone back to the -51 kernel on both systems and everything is restarting and closing fine.

Please advise if anyone else has this issue and if there is a recommended course of action.
Thanks!


3.20 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2400GE w/ Radeon Vega Graphics
384 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
4096 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
Main Circuit Board b
Board: LENOVO 3130 SDK0J40697 WIN 3305189295319
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: LENOVO M1XKT34A 09/04/2018
32GB RAM
1T SDD
benawhile
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by benawhile »

As far as I know Kurt, as an uneducated user, the only advice is to stay with 51, definitely delete 53, wait for 54 or 55 and just play as safe as you can, keeping at least 3 known good kernels.
desades
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by desades »

Hey guys, I was able to solve this problem in myself
I noticed I had a mistake in the trey. The clock window was supposed to show the weather, but it was empty in its place. In the settings I left only the date and the error in turning off resolved.
I did 5 tests after the changes. All 5 ended without error on shutdown.
inxi

Code: Select all

System:
  Host: desades-P35-S3G Kernel: 4.15.0-101-generic x86_64 bits: 64 
  compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0 Desktop: MATE 1.22.2 info: mate-panel 
  wm: marco 1.22.3 dm: LightDM 1.26.0 Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 
  base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: P35-S3G v: x.x serial: <filter> 
  BIOS: Award v: F5 date: 06/19/2009 
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Xeon E5450 bits: 64 type: MCP 
  arch: Penryn rev: A L2 cache: 6144 KiB 
  flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 24000 
  Speed: 2000 MHz min/max: 2000/3000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2000 2: 2000 
  3: 2000 4: 2000 
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GM206 [GeForce GTX 960] vendor: CardExpert driver: nvidia 
  v: 440.59 bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10de:1401 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: nvidia compositor: marco 
  v: 1.22.3 resolution: 1680x1050~60Hz 
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 440.59 
  direct render: Yes 
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 82801I HD Audio vendor: Gigabyte driver: snd_hda_intel 
  v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 chip ID: 8086:293e 
  Device-2: NVIDIA vendor: CardExpert driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel 
  bus ID: 01:00.1 chip ID: 10de:0fba 
  Device-3: Pixart Imaging type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo 
  bus ID: 1-4.1:4 chip ID: 093a:2700 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.15.0-101-generic 
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d000 bus ID: 04:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 1.02 TiB used: 62.65 GiB (6.0%) 
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Seagate model: ST31000528AS size: 931.51 GiB 
  speed: 3.0 Gb/s rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: CC38 scheme: MBR 
  ID-2: /dev/sdb model: IR-SSDPR-S25A-120 size: 111.79 GiB speed: 3.0 Gb/s 
  serial: <filter> rev: 01.2 scheme: MBR 
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 46.68 GiB used: 17.61 GiB (37.7%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1 
  ID-2: /home size: 62.60 GiB used: 45.04 GiB (71.9%) fs: ext4 
  dev: /dev/sdb5 
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 40.0 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 28 C 
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 30% 
Repos:
  No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list 
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list 
  1: deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ bionic main
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list 
  1: deb http://packages.linuxmint.com tricia main upstream import backport #id:linuxmint_main
  2: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main restricted universe multiverse
  3: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates main restricted universe multiverse
  4: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports main restricted universe multiverse
  5: deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-security main restricted universe multiverse
  6: deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ bionic partner
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/skype-stable.list 
  1: deb [arch=amd64] https://repo.skype.com/deb stable main
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list 
  1: deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/teamviewer.list 
  1: deb http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable main
Info:
  Processes: 187 Uptime: 6m Memory: 7.79 GiB used: 1.10 GiB (14.2%) 
  Init: systemd v: 237 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 7.5.0 alt: 7 Shell: bash 
  v: 4.4.20 running in: mate-terminal inxi: 3.0.32 
desades
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by desades »

well, a few days later, the shutdown problem came back. An error occurs when the system is running for more than 30 minutes.
missmoondog
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Shutdown problems - Failed to wait for process: Protocol error

Post by missmoondog »

desades wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am
well, a few days later, the shutdown problem came back. An error occurs when the system is running for more than 30 minutes.
that stinks! :(
Post Reply

Return to “Installation & Boot”