Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
dhavalmak77
Level 1
Level 1

get Error while installing

Post by dhavalmak77 »

In my laptop Linux mint 19.2 installed and i want to install windows 10 in this partition but when i installing windows 10 I get the error at the time of partition:

Code: Select all

Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.

Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is of an unrecognized type.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: get Error while installing

Post by Moem »

Have you tried formatting the partition as NTFS? Just a thought.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

dhavalmak77
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dhavalmak77 »

But how can i do this?
Linux Mint installed in this disk and when i installing windows in this disk that shows me error

gittiest personITW
Level 7
Level 7

Post by gittiest personITW »

Boot up to Live Mint with USB/DVD, Menu, Gparted, select your drive/partition, format NTFS.

rarsa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rarsa »

gittiest personITW wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 am
Boot up to Live Mint with USB/DVD, Menu, Gparted, select your drive/partition, format NTFS.
Just beware that reformatting will delete everything you have in Linux, including the data.

If what you want is dual boot, use gparted from a live CD/USB to resize the partition, create a new NTFS partition for Windows, install Windows and then reinstall grub.

It's better if you move the Linux partition down as Windows sometimes complains if it is not at the top of the disk.

Return to “Installation & Boot”