Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Dafferal
Level 1
Level 1

Input not supported showing up on monitor on boot

Post by Dafferal »

Hey!
I have just recently installed Linux Mint 19.3 on my old desktop pc.
I had the same problem when installing mint too, so when I first booted up Linux mint from my USB drive it showed me the grub menu.
I clicked on "Start Linux Mint" and it shows the boot logo but then showed a black screen and then my monitor showed text that said "Input not supported"
I was trying to look for solutions online, and tried some but none seemed to work. So I then went back onto the grub menu and clicked on "run in compatibility mode" which then worked and sent me to linux mint. I then tried the OS out then installed it onto my PC. I made it clean my entire disk, I had windows 7 installed before, and it took a while but after that it managed to install. I rebooted my PC and then booted off my Hard Drive and it showed the boot logo and showed the login but as command line. I tried writing in my password but before I could finish it turned black and then my monitor displayed the "input not supported" text again. I have my monitor plugged into my graphics card (GT 705) through my VGA cable. I've been stuck on this for the last hour or so and I have had no luck finding a fix.
If there is anyone who knows how to fix this sort of issue, please tell me!
Thank you :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”