Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
k86ster
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to boot through live cd

Postby k86ster » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 am

Hi,
I got linux mint 7 live cd from a friend,booted through it once and i checked whether i was comfortable enough as i have not used linux much in past, i have windows xp as my basic os, when i inserted linux mint live cd while i was working in windows i received 3 options , one of which was 'install inside windows' the option which i wanted, i followed the procedure and completed the installation, when i rebooted my machine and selected Linux Mint from dual boot option i received 'Busybox 1.10.2...' error,
so i thought may be it was due to bad installation,so i logged into windows again and removed linux mint from control panel.
The problem now i am facing is, ever since i un-installed linux from windows, i am no longer able to boot from the live cd, i even checked the md5sum of the iso which was correct and even tried burning another cd but without any luck.
whenever i try booting from the live cd it shows me some Copyright Iso linux message momentarily and then nothing, only blank screen.
Can anyone help me with this? if it helps i have formatted and reinstalled windows xp, but still i am not able to boot through the linux live cd.. :( while installing windows though i booted through windows installation cd, so if it was a problem of my cd drive i should not have been able to boot through windows cd too! its confusing..pls help!

someuhguy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to boot through live cd

Postby someuhguy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Try a different version of linux mint such as 6. Maybe you altered the bios, and need to put it back to the way it was. I'v had a similar problem before with mint 6, so I tried mint 7. I almost think that when you uninstall it it leaves some sort of signature saying "don't install I'm already here".

k86ster
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to boot through live cd

Postby k86ster » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm

hey thanks a lot! i will try installing version 6 and see..
will post the result here..

Return to “Installation & Boot”