Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
rexton
Level 1
Level 1

did something happen to grub?

Post by rexton »

So I've been distro hopping for a while and today I decided to come back to mint, but I've noticed something strange upon startup, did the grub menu always looked old like this? And also on the next screen I'm greeted with some error message that I don't understand. Check the thumbs below:

What do you think?
rexton
Level 1
Level 1

Re: did something happen to grub?

Post by rexton »

no one? nothing?
antikythera
Level 8
Level 8

Post by antikythera »

Nothing happened to GRUB, that's the normal grub EFI menu look, it doesn't have the theme capacity in EFI mode.

As for the error:

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... .html#ID26
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
rexton
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rexton »

Thanks! That seems to have solved it. I wasn't annoyed by the grub menu as I've just disabled it but that error still persisted up until now and what annoyed me was that sometimes it would put me in some sort of CLI and ask for a user and a password and I always had to restart the PC to get into Linux Mint...
antikythera
Level 8
Level 8

Post by antikythera »

Something else will be behind you being dumped into the CLI. If it happens again, check your Logs using the Logs application.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor

Return to “Installation & Boot”