i did experiment with some constellations regarding using partitions and disks in different combinations on my PC, running ONLY Linux Mint 20.
Now i bought myself a NVMe 1TB drive and wanted to restore my whole system to it, but it seems that i can not choose the NVME-Drive as target for timeshift.
Im not a professional, so there are for sure some mistakes i made.
My current Drives:
- 1TB NVME --> Here Linux Mint 20 including home and all files shall run
- 4TB HDD --> Here i only want to store my Timeshift backups
- 2TB USB-HDD --> My current location from where i want to restore my Timeshift backups --> Once this is done i want to disconnect this drive and only use internal storages (the two above)
Code: Select all
Dateisystem 1K-Blöcke Benutzt Verfügbar Verw% Eingehängt auf udev 32858256 0 32858256 0% /dev tmpfs 6580776 1612 6579164 1% /run /dev/nvme0n1 960381672 8800000 902727160 1% / tmpfs 32903864 46392 32857472 1% /dev/shm tmpfs 5120 8 5112 1% /run/lock tmpfs 32903864 0 32903864 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/sda1 94759 7956 86804 9% /boot/efi tmpfs 6580772 20 6580752 1% /run/user/1000 /dev/sdb1 1921800384 574024176 1250084256 32% /run/timeshift/backup
- Tried to directly restore Timeshift Backup to NVMe-Drive via running LM20 from USB-Stick --> NVMe was not choosable as target disk --> So i installed LM20 fresh to the NVMe drive
- Now (running the system already from NVMe) i wanted to restore the Timeshift backup again, but not while running LM from USB disk, but from NVMe --> Same situation --> Can not choose NVMe partition as target-root-path (Screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kcDQAshaThAC5GC17)
- Did run Linux only as terminal and restore via command --> sudo timeshift --restore --snapshot ... --target /dev/nvme0n1 --> Got a error saysing something like "error to access storage"
- Why isnt it possible to use my NVMe as Target for Timeshift
- Do i need the efi-partition?