19.3 to Mint 20 upgrade, gui doesnt start Intel/Nvidia - Failed to start Detect the available GPu..

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ruthan
Level 2
Level 2

19.3 to Mint 20 upgrade, gui doesnt start Intel/Nvidia - Failed to start Detect the available GPu..

Post by ruthan »

Hello,
i upgraded Mint 19.3 to Mint 20 on Dell 5590 Laptop with Intel HD 630 + Geforce 2060 combo, but i have problem too boot into gui:
- i terminal is:
Failed to start Detect the available GPU and deal with any system changes..
Failed to start Light Display Manager..

I only found same error for Ubuntu 18.04:
https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-ubunt ... able-gpus/
, where is switch LightDm to GDM3, but im not sure if is valid for Mint?
Too old, too cold. Im goal oriented, even when you will explain my every detail, whole that Linux spiel, i will forgot half of it.. but if we make what i want working, it good enough.
ruthan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 19.3 to Mint 20 upgrade, gui doesnt start Intel/Nvidia - Failed to start Detect the available GPu..

Post by ruthan »

I sort of fixed it, i removed lightdm packaged, some other greeter or slick package where removed with it.. After that i installed it back.. and now i dont have this error, i got to login screen..

But it was some Ubuntu one, i wasnt able to login.. so i tried my luck some some conf text files ****.
In /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- i replaced user-session from ubuntu* to mate.. // Now i can log in..
- but login screen is still Ubuntu violet one.. its probably because of second line:
greeeter-session=unity-greeter .. i need to know what is default mate text..
Update: I disabled second line and its now fine..
Too old, too cold. Im goal oriented, even when you will explain my every detail, whole that Linux spiel, i will forgot half of it.. but if we make what i want working, it good enough.

Return to “Installation & Boot”