Where is the .iso file?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dummy

Post by dummy »

if your interested in consistent document formatting then LyX or LaTeX are absolutely THE right choices.

LyX or LaTeX vrs. Word is also a matter of stability. if you have lots of pictures in your document then Word is extremely unstable. I totally agree that Word is THE crap. Have you ever used the formula editor in Word? it's ridiculous. in PowerPoint it's even worse (e.g. if you want to center some equation or use single math symbols in the text you have to do it by hand!). if you just write text then LyX is THE option. especially when you have a huge bibliography list that you modify all the time then its totally superior to Word as it changes the labels/references in the text automatically. IT JUST LOOKS MUCH BETTER!

i'm sorry for writing this here in this forum. if there is somebody out there who doesn't like it, i'm really sorry.

all right, back to my get-rid-of-Windows-Vista-and-install-Linux-Mint project ...
Husse

Post by Husse »

back to my get-rid-of-Windows-Vista-and-install-Linux-Mint project ...
Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need some

Return to “Installation & Boot”