Before you post please read how to get help
SMG
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Linux is not booting on my PC after a couple days of use

Post by SMG »

sacole bone wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 am
UPDATE: So, I've tried to do the live session thing to reconfigure or erase timeshifht from my HD, but then, there were JUST windows files on my linux HD, I didn't understand so I went to see the partitions on my windows, this is what happened: all my patitions from linux are listed as primary partitions on windows, I don't think this happened before by taking a look at the partition menu on Windows.

So, should I just erase it and install linux again (not a huge deal to me)? And, could someone explain to me why that happened?
I do not have enough experience with dual-boot to explain what you might be seeing, but I did want to mention there is an app on the Mint live session called GParted. With it you can see and format partitions on your hard drive.
LM20.1 Cinnamon
sacole bone
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux is not booting on my PC after a couple days of use

Post by sacole bone »

SMG wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:14 am
sacole bone wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 am
UPDATE: So, I've tried to do the live session thing to reconfigure or erase timeshifht from my HD, but then, there were JUST windows files on my linux HD, I didn't understand so I went to see the partitions on my windows, this is what happened: all my patitions from linux are listed as primary partitions on windows, I don't think this happened before by taking a look at the partition menu on Windows.

So, should I just erase it and install linux again (not a huge deal to me)? And, could someone explain to me why that happened?
I do not have enough experience with dual-boot to explain what you might be seeing, but I did want to mention there is an app on the Mint live session called GParted. With it you can see and format partitions on your hard drive.
Ohh that's true, totally forgot about it. Thanks for the help, imma see what I can do.

Return to “Installation & Boot”