Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Lenovo V15 ADA 15.6" Full HD Laptop

Post by buteman »

Hi,
Does anyone know if Mint can be installed on this laptop please?
Last edited by buteman on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan976
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lenovo V15 ADA 15.6" Full HD Laptop

Post by Brendan976 »

Hi
I dont see why not? I just looked up the spec for your machine,
https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... A_Spec.pdf.
Its a darn sight better than my computer which it 13 years old and running Mint 19.2 on it.
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by buteman »

Well I took a chance and ordered it from Amazon so it will arrive tomorrow.
I'll update here when I find out!
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by buteman »

I bought 2 of these laptops, one for myself and the other for my wife. I thought it might be worth logging my experience with the install as it may help others.
Now I knew that from Windows 10 on I could not access the Bios directly and also thought I would create a recovery drive should anything go wrong. Now I haven't used Win since Xp and boy have I really come to hate it even more after my experience today. To create the drive I had to set up Win so spent about 20 minutes messing about with it before I could actually use it. To create the recovery drive I plugged in a 16Gig Sandisk flash drive. In saw it but when I ran the app to do it the thing took 3 minutes to find it and format it to fat32 ( which is what it was anyway!! ) It then took 45 minutes to write the drive. So now to get at the Bois - First i needed to shut windows down fully ( otherwise it only hibernates ) I selected shutdown and pressed the shift key and clicked on shutdown.
Then follow what it says here https://www.4winkey.com/computer-help/h ... aptop.html
After disabling Secure boot you need to disable fast boot. Search Win for it and you will probably see it's enabled but greyed out so you need to click on something like enable access ( sorry forgotten what it actually says but I'm sure you will see.
You can then do the shift /shutdown routine. Plug in your Mint flash drive and boot up pressing the f12 key while doing so and you can then boot it up.
I chose to use the whole disc and It took about 15 minutes to install and it booted up without problems.

Return to “Installation & Boot”