Issues with HP Slimline models *solved*

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
another person
Level 1
Level 1

Issues with HP Slimline models *solved*

Post by another person »

Hi, I've installed Linux Mint on two separate, wiped, HP Slimline desktops for my friend, I don't have the model #, everything worked fine until I gave his computers back to him, he calls me up an hour later and says Linux Mint won't boot up at all! My friend reports it gets a black screen right after the HP logo and no Linux Mint.
I got him to drop off the first computer and it worked for me, but when I gave it back he said it doesn't work again. Same thing is happening with this HP Slimline.
What gives?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Issues with HP Slimline models

Post by Moonstone Man »

another person wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:38 pm What gives?
Nothing, absolutely nothing. The situation you describe is not dissimilar to calling a car mechanic and asking the same question for a friend. It's like asking, "My friend's car won't start. He brought it back to me and it starts. What gives?"

Unless you can reproduce the issue and be in front of the computer while we assist you to sort it out, nothing at all can be done.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Perhaps your friend is connecting incompatible hardware such as monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.
Cliff Coggin
another person
Level 1
Level 1

Post by another person »

We actually resolved the issue, it turned out to be his monitor, the installation works on both computers.

Return to “Installation & Boot”