"Remove install media and press enter" appears or doesn't??

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

"Remove install media and press enter" appears or doesn't??

Post by motoryzen »

I couldn't help but notice sometimes ( depending on if I'm installing LM 20 or 20.1 ) if I'm installing LM into my desktop PC, the message " remove installation media and press enter to restart" doesn't appear if I select " restart now" at the end of the installation wizard.

However, when running the same thing installing it into my Laptop's ssd, it DO...see the message and everything just works as it is supposed to when I follow that prompt.

Is it a case of confirming if the installation LM drive is booting into legacy bios mode versus efi/uefi?

Andy had an interesting suggestion to another OP er here viewtopic.php?p=2001579#p2001579

by AndyMH » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm
Just to check that the mint install usb is booting in legacy mode, open a terminal and test -d /sys/firmware/efi && echo efi || echo bios, e.g.
CODE: SELECT ALL

andy@T431 ~ $ test -d /sys/firmware/efi && echo efi || echo bios
bios
So My question is does it matter if the installation live boot drive boots into legacy bios mode or efi as to whether or not that final message of "remove installation media and press enter to restart" appears after selecting " restart" versus selection " continue testing" ??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor

Return to “Installation & Boot”