[SOLVED] Can't get into UEFI BIOS anymore

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RinLovesYou
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Can't get into UEFI BIOS anymore

Post by RinLovesYou »

Hello there!
I am new to the world of Linux and i recently set up a dual boot
This was working pretty well, as i got to choose between linux and windows with grub at startup.
Now i had to get rid of an old hard drive that was still holding a mint installation.
It's not the one i use and i haven't booted into it in a while
everything seemed to be working fine after taking it out too

Yesterday i restarted because i wanted to play a game that wasn't safe to play online with wine (thanks EAC)
Though what i noticed was a pure black screen, and then a straight boot into mint

If i tell it to boot into BIOS, or press any key whatsoever at startup, i am met with an infinite black screen

TL;DR I cannot get into grub or BIOS, i've tried every grub config edit under the sun.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Can't get into UEFI BIOS anymore

Post by kato181 »

First thing you need to do is read the forum rules with regards to sect 5.
We need info about your system, without that no one will be able to help you
Boot into your live usb and in terminal copy & paste the following command and post the results back here in between the code display brackets </>
inxi -Fxz
RinLovesYou
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can't get into UEFI BIOS anymore

Post by RinLovesYou »

Hi there! I'm sorry, but I wouldn't have been able to boot into my live USB as i was on a permanent black screen until linux just showed the login screen. However i was able to solve this issue by unplugging every device except the 3 essentials (keyboard/mouse/1 monitor)!

Return to “Installation & Boot”