Pc keep restarting over and over after booting

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
_user
Level 1
Level 1

Pc keep restarting over and over after booting

Post by _user »

Hi guys,
I am quite desperate. I am trying to install linux on my computer, but when I want to start installation (selecting language and time in the very first steps) I suddenly see black screen and computer restart every single time. I have prepared booting usb before without any problems(for Raspian, LinuxMint, ..)

I used Rufus and Etcher for preparing booting usb. I tried Drauger, Linux Mint and Manjaro distros. I followed all recommended steps, disabled all tricky BIOS settings like secure boot option, CMS and so on. I tried two different USB sticks.

I am still not able to finish or even start installation properly :/ Is there any BIOS setting which should be disabled, Is somethin wrong with win10, which are already installed on PC (win10 are installed on separate disc only for windows), could be problem with any hardware part (asus rog motherboard?) ?

Sorry, I am not a native speaker and I am not advanced linux user, I will be grateful for any help or hint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Pc keep restarting over and over after booting

Post by mikeflan »

Welcome to the forum.
I have prepared booting usb before without any problems(for Raspian, LinuxMint, ..)
So you have successfully installed LM on this same computer with a bootable USB that no longer exists, right?
And now you have another LM bootable USB that does not work past the language setting?

When you boot up the USB, the computer acts fine, right?
Which LM are you trying to install?
Where did you get the iso file?
Did you checksum it?
Is your computer a portable or a desktop system?

From what you describe I presume this same thing would happen with a LM 19.3 boot disk or anything else.

It kinda sounds like a hardware problem, but if so, what hardware? Maybe the hard disk?? Is there an OS on that hard disk right now?
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Pc keep restarting over and over after booting

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Installation & Boot”