Boot Order Not Found Problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
griffanother
Level 1
Level 1

Boot Order Not Found Problem

Post by griffanother »

I've searched for hours and found lots of help, but haven't found my specific solution. Installed Mint on this 4 year old HP Probook that upgrading to Windows 10 had bricked. I'm loving Mint but I'm getting the boot order not found initializing defaults message at startup and would like to resolve it. It goes ahead and boots to Mint fine, but I'd like to get rid of the message on boot.
I installed in UEFI no csm
fastboot is off
secureboot is off

efibootmgr says

xmancave-HP:~$ efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0000
Timeout: 0 seconds
BootOrder: 0000
Boot0000* ubuntu
xmancave-HP:~$

Simple solution?
Thanks,
Griff
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Boot Order Not Found Problem

Post by Moonstone Man »

griffanother wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pm Simple solution?
Probably, yes. Just poke around in the machine's BIOS. You're looking for anything that specifies something other than Linux Mint as the boot OS.
griffanother
Level 1
Level 1

Post by griffanother »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:12 am
griffanother wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pm Simple solution?
Probably, yes. Just poke around in the machine's BIOS. You're looking for anything that specifies something other than Linux Mint as the boot OS.
Nothing in the F10 BIOS setup, but I hit F9 for boot order and found Ubuntu in there. Used that and it skipped the "BoorOrder not found" message, but next boot it was back again. I'll keep poking around. Thanks for the reply.
Griff
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

mamba76
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mamba76 »

For me I get that if I just let the laptop boot by itself. if I select boot options at startup(f9) and choose to boot EFI file, I go through the available folder to one named Ubuntu, when booting from any of these I don't get that message, just black screen then desktop. Is this black screen a hidden GRUB menu? I changes /etc/default/grub property SET_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden to menu - https://www.fosslicious.com/2020/01/sho ... linux.html - still no boot menu tho..

Return to “Installation & Boot”