No sound - Dummy output after installing SSD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Qurcus
Level 3
Level 3

No sound - Dummy output after installing SSD

Post by Qurcus »

I've had Mint 20.1 on this computer for some time now with a mechanical hard drive and sound worked fine but some reason not with this SSD. I found an old Ubuntu article that stated they have had problems with this is issue but from what it said it should have been fixed by now. I don't know why it's not working with this SSD with 'dummy output' listed when ever i start the computer or it wakes from sleep mode. The weird part is that the headphones work even though the monitor sound does not work.

I can make the sound work with the command (as stated in the article); pulseaudio -k

The article stated this command restarts pulse audio. Why is this happening (?) and is there permanent fix so i don't have to keep entering this command ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: No sound - Dummy output after installing SSD

Post by spamegg »

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxpmrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply
and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the
command between the code markers like this: [code]Results[/code].

Return to “Installation & Boot”