[SOLVED] Unable to boot LM 20.1 x64 on Win10

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JOPETA
Level 17
Level 17

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to boot LM 20.1 x64 on Win10

Post by JOPETA »

Kingston partition 1 option disappeared as it is already your fist Windows Boot Manager option.

It is worth you place Ubuntu boot option in first place in order to to boot Ubuntu by default. In grub menu you can choose Mint, Windows or get into your UEFI.

You can try disabling Dell SupportAssist Pre-Boot System Performance Checker in EUFI settings (consult your user manual) or/and google related topics.

Dell support partition is nvme0n1p4, and it looks like nvme0n1p5 is Dell recovery partition, so I wonder why your system is trying to use that disk/partition.

It impossible to get an answer w/o knowing that TOSHIBA history (if ii was the only disk that came with your computer, before installing SSD, cloned but keep some old partitions w/o formatting the whole disk,...), also the way you have installed/upgrade or move your Windows system and how you use it for backups (if it is/was used to store Window recovery images,...).

Maybe you "only" need to update your firmware (i.e.install the latest BIOS version) or reset your UEFI/BIOS settings and configure again.If you don't know how to do it you´ d better even not try. :roll:
Last edited by JOPETA on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ni cola de león ni cabeza de ratón, prefiero ser diente de ajo.(Javier Krahe)
Hound
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to boot LM 20.1 x64 on Win10

Post by Hound »

Good idea about putting UBUNTU first. I like it.

Yeah, I bought the computer new, but the store I bought it from added the internal SSD drive. Hopefully everything was "new".

But everything works fine now, so as you say, I think I'll just leave it alone for now.

Thanks again for all your help! :)

Return to “Installation & Boot”