Can't import signing key

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Apple pi maker
Level 1
Level 1

Can't import signing key

Post by Apple pi maker »

I tried to import the signing key for 20.1 several times during the past two weeks with no success. I used both methods listed in the documentation and in the "How to Verify the ISO" page. Neither worked. I got various responses indicating that the import did not occur. The most recent is this one:

"gpg: keyring '/home/mint/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring '/home/mint/.gnupg/pubring.gpg created
gpg: requesting key A25BAE09 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: Key 27DEB15644C6B3CF3BD7D291300F846BA25BAE09 can't be retrieved
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: keyserver communications error: Keyserver helper general error
gpg: keyserver communications error: unknown pubkey algorithm
gpg: keyserver receive failed: unknown pubkey algorithm"

I'm at the public library and I know that the wifi connection to the internet is strong and that my laptop was connected to the wifi.

The ISO passed the sha256sum test, so I need only to authenticate it before installing i in my laptop.

I'm near the end of my alloted time for the day here, so I can't stay to chat, but I will check in tomorrow to see whether anyone has an answer, a suggestion, or a question.

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Can't import signing key

Post by mikeflan »

The ISO passed the sha256sum test, so I need only to authenticate it before installing i in my laptop.
Please correct me. I suspect I am wrong. But I say if the sha256sum test passed, you just burn the iso with [I don't remember what], boot up, and install. I say authentication is not needed.
bendipa
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Can't import signing key

Post by bendipa »

Apple pi maker wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:45 pm I tried to import the signing key for 20.1 several times during the past two weeks with no success. I used both methods listed in the documentation and in the "How to Verify the ISO" page. Neither worked. I got various responses indicating that the import did not occur....

The ISO passed the sha256sum test....
Then that's all you need to worry about. You have a genuine copy of the Mint 20 ISO, so go ahead and install.
Computer: Dell Vostro 470
Systems: Linux Mint 21.2 Xfce (Victoria), Manjaro 23.1 Xfce (Vulcan), Windows 10 (22H2) Pro.

Return to “Installation & Boot”