linux mint 20.2 randomly stopped working on geobook 4

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
maxthebeast0590
Level 1
Level 1

linux mint 20.2 randomly stopped working on geobook 4

Post by maxthebeast0590 »

i recently installed linux mint cinnamon 20.2 on my geobook 4 laptop that used to run windows 10 before windows 10 corrupted heavily and couldn't be recovered and today i booted my laptop up and i was expecting it to boot into linux mint but for some reason it didn't boot at all in fact it went straight into the bios and i went into the boot tab and it didn't show the linux boot manager to boot into linux I'm having to use my usb that i used to install linux mint on my laptop to see if it detects that linux minto 20.2 is still on my laptop and it is still on my laptop but it cannot read/boot up and i need help to recover my files and linux mint 20.2 and i did create a backup for my files but i didn't create a backup for the software please help :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: linux mint 20.2 randomly stopped working on geobook 4

Post by SMG »

maxthebeast0590 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:41 amI'm having to use my usb that i used to install linux mint on my laptop to see if it detects that linux minto 20.2 is still on my laptop and it is still on my laptop but it cannot read/boot up and i need help to recover my files and linux mint 20.2 and i did create a backup for my files but i didn't create a backup for the software please help :!: :!: :!:
Welcome to the forum, maxthebeast0590.

You should be able to access your files using the live session of Mint. Just go to the File Manager and navigate to your hard drive's install of Mint.

I am not sure what you mean by a backup for the software. Do you just mean the software settings? I would think those files would be in your home directory on the hard drive.

Did you take a Timeshift snapshot of your system? It sounds like there may be a problem with the boot manager/grub, but if you have a snapshot you could see if that could get you back into your system again.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
maxthebeast0590
Level 1
Level 1

Re: linux mint 20.2 randomly stopped working on geobook 4

Post by maxthebeast0590 »

I found out why my laptop randomly didn’t boot it was because I stupidly deleted the boot partition

Return to “Installation & Boot”