Using Balena Etcher for Linux Mint 20.2 installation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Luke Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Using Balena Etcher for Linux Mint 20.2 installation

Post by Luke Johnson »

I got used to using Balena Etcher since I tried out Zorin OS (Zorin guide told me to do so). However, other installation guides recommend other tools. Is there a reason to avoid Balena Etcher?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Using Balena Etcher for Linux Mint 20.2 installation

Post by tinca »

I have balenaetcher-1.5.99-x64 Appimage installed on my computer and it works fine.

best regards Keith
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

Luke Johnson wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:06 pm Is there a reason to avoid Balena Etcher?
No.
Luke Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Luke Johnson »

I watched that LTT video on Linux. They seem to recommend Etcher, but they also mention Rufus. Rufus has an option that caught my eye. Yoy can choose between MBR and GPT, and specify BIOS and UEFI. Is this better for installing Mint in such a way that it boots in UEFI mode?

Etcher

Warning! we do not recommend using etcher anymore as there are privacy concerns, etcher is Anonymously reporting errors and usage information. It is not clear if this is done also if you do not validate that you agree with it.
https://discovery.endeavouros.com/insta ... b-key/2021

Return to “Installation & Boot”