HOW TO? Prevent Modal Screen "Remove Installation Media"

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Webtest
Level 4
Level 4

HOW TO? Prevent Modal Screen "Remove Installation Media"

Post by Webtest »

Esteemed Forum Participants & Lurkers:
NOTE: LiveMedia 18.3 Mate 64-bit

EDIT: Does anyone have experience with boot loaders OTHER than unetbootin that might remove the Modal Shutdown screen? I find it strange that unetbootin eliminated the problem all the way up through LM 18.3 (Gnome/Mate) 32 & 64 bit, but since v19 it has been a problem.

I have been running ROM LiveMedia systems for a long time and I am stuck with 18.3, which recently started spamming my browser with giant "EOL" messages. Up until Mint 19, Unetbootin has always loaded an image WITHOUT the shutdown MODAL screen: "Remove installation media and hit ENTER", which is a problem for me. When I want to do a shutdown I want to click "Quit" in the Menu, click "Restart" or "Shutdown", and walk away. I do NOT want to have to babysit the system to get through an unwanted Modal Screen hangup.

How can I load a Mint 20.2 LiveMedia system image into a lockable USB drive WITHOUT the Modal "Remove installation media" hangup??? I'm stuck with 18.3 until this can be resolved.

Thank you for all comments, suggestions, and assistance with this irritation.
Blessings in abundance, all the best,
Art in Carlisle, PA USA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BOAT - a hole in the water that you pour money into
LINUX - a hole in your life that you pour TIME into

HP dx2400 Core 2 Duo 8 GB. Mint 13/15/17.x/18.x Mate <on LOCKED SD cards, and Kanguru USB drives> No Hard Drive / No SSD

Return to “Installation & Boot”