[SOLVED] Remove extra swap partition from fstab ?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
greentea
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Remove extra swap partition from fstab ?

Post by greentea »

I have two Linux SSD system drives, both of which have a swap partition.
The installer selects all visible swap partitions for automatic mounting via fstab.
I did not realize until just recently that it's possible to select any partition in gparted and mark it to not be used.

Therefore, both swap partitions were set for mounting in fstab.
I do not want the swap on the second drive mounted for use.

Will removing that second swap from fstab create any problems, since it was configured that way during the install?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Cinnamon primary; 21.3 xfce & LMDE 6 installed; home built Core i5-9600K with Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Wi-Fi; RAM 16 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630; system on: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB; storage & backup on: WD Black 1TB
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Remove extra swap partition from fstab ?

Post by rene »

No, that'll be fine. Only thing of course if that you then have less swap space.
greentea
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Remove extra swap partition from fstab ?

Post by greentea »

rene wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:18 pm No, that'll be fine. Only thing of course if that you then have less swap space.
Thanks, rene.
There is more than enough allocated already.
Mint 21.3 Cinnamon primary; 21.3 xfce & LMDE 6 installed; home built Core i5-9600K with Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Wi-Fi; RAM 16 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630; system on: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB; storage & backup on: WD Black 1TB

Return to “Installation & Boot”