Dual Boot-But Not?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Dual Boot-But Not?

Post by rene »

GreenBehindTheEars wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:25 am And I just do not get it. Why use an OS that does not work at all?
No reason of course and clearly specifically you shouldn't. That does not offend me in any way. Best of luck with the new system!
GreenBehindTheEars
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GreenBehindTheEars »

Why does Linux even exist then? Why make 500 distros that basically act like a virus on a chromebook?

I was told before that Linux Mint would not run on my laptop, because it was too old. Now it will not run, because it is too new! Is there some production window that you must buy for laptops to run Linux Mint?
GreenBehindTheEars
Level 1
Level 1

It is denied on here, but many people saying that Linux with ruin your battery, CPU, and GPU.
GreenBehindTheEars
Level 1
Level 1

I also do not get how many people on here say that Linux not only works good, but BETTER than Windows! And that Linux "liberates" you. Well, after 2 years of trying to install Linux on 2 different laptops, I guess I realise what the other 98% of computers users already know. Linux is not an OS. It's broke. And if you want to use a computer, you have only 2 options.

Thanks for those that sincerely helped me realise this. Good bye Linux.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Well that's another hour of my life wasted helping the unhelpful! Don't blame linux, and don't blame us, we are just users. Want to blame someone, blame your PC manufacturer who couldn't care less about any OS other than windows and probably shipped your laptop with a 'broken' BIOS that does not let you (or let you do it easily) make the changes to enable linux to run.
I have a brand new, low-end, gaming laptop.
and maybe blame yourself for buying a cheap consumer grade laptop from the wrong manufacturer.

And don't forget, you had to pay for windows, linux is free courtesy of literally 1,000's of developers giving their time for free. And you expect it to work on everything?
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
GreenBehindTheEars
Level 1
Level 1

AndyMH wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:49 am Well that's another hour of my life wasted helping the unhelpful! Don't blame linux, and don't blame us, we are just users. Want to blame someone, blame your PC manufacturer who couldn't care less about any OS other than windows and probably shipped your laptop with a 'broken' BIOS that does not let you (or let you do it easily) make the changes to enable linux to run.
I have a brand new, low-end, gaming laptop.
and maybe blame yourself for buying a cheap consumer grade laptop from the wrong manufacturer.

And don't forget, you had to pay for windows, linux is free courtesy of literally 1,000's of developers giving their time for free. And you expect it to work on everything?
lol Linux sucks, and it is the fault of every hardware company?

How is the manufacturer "wrong"? What brands does Linux run on? Windows runs on any brand.

This laptop cost 8 years' salary. Sorry I am too "cheap" for Linux.

"Linux is free! You just need a $6,000 laptop to run it!"

Well, my Windows was free. I did not buy it. Wow, what they say about the Linux community it true too. Bunch of rude, unhelpful, psychopathic liars. For what? What do you all gain out of this?
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

GreenBehindTheEars wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:30 am Wow, what they say about the Linux community it true too. Bunch of rude, unhelpful, psychopathic liars.
Admittedly you are at least a fairly funny troll. If you ever grow enough clue to manage a Linux install be sure to be back because I'd be enjoying you :-)
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Well, my Windows was free. I did not buy it. Wow, what they say about the Linux community it true too. Bunch of rude, unhelpful, psychopathic liars. For what? What do you all gain out of this?
Yes you did, the cost was buried in the cost of the laptop.

And I struggle to see how any of my previous posts on this topic can be construed as being any of 'rude, unhelpful, psychopathic'. No all I did was spend an hour trying to help and get slagged off as a result. Out of here...
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0

Return to “Installation & Boot”