Aptik backup 14 Miscellaneous Section

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rotti
Level 1
Level 1

Aptik backup 14 Miscellaneous Section

Post by rotti »

Hello,

RE: Aptik 21.07.2
Linux Mint 20.2

From the GUI, I added some folders to be backed up, in the '14 Miscellaneous' section and clicked the 'Backup All Sections' button.
When restoring, these additional folders from the '14 Miscellaneous' section, where not restored.
I had to go back to the '14 Miscellaneous' section, add the folders again, back them up separately using with the 'Backup' button that is inside the '14 Miscellaneous' section.
Restoring this separate backup from the '14 Miscellaneous' section, did work.

My question is:
Is there a way for these extra folders added in the '14 Miscellaneous' section, to be included with the whole computer backup? or must this '14 Miscellaneous' section backup and restore, always be done separately?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Aptik backup 14 Miscellaneous Section

Post by AZgl1800 »

Intriguing observation.

I have never used Aptik like that, now I have to boot up my ThinkPad and try that out.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
rotti
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rotti »

bump

anyone has any experience with this?
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Post by zcot »

That software comes with support.

There should be a github page for it, it's not public though, only the users who paid the fee are allowed to participate.

Return to “Installation & Boot”