Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
vinayak_420
Level 1
Level 1

Dual Boot Lakka Os with Mint Cinnamon

Post by vinayak_420 »

I want to dual boot Lakka Os and linux mint but Lakka Os doesn't support dual boot. When installing Lakka Os it formats whole HDD. Not a problem I have nothing special in my HDD, after installing Lakka Os, I boot Linux Mint Live Usb, when installing there was no option like Install alongside Lakka Os,so I go with something else option , then I decrease the size of Lakka Os partition and installed mint in the new partition.
After installing I rebooted my system and it didn't show grub menu.It just directly boots into Mint Cinnamon.
I don't know why but can anyone help me out,
in one video of YouTube a person has achieved dual/multi Boot with Lakka,windows, and ubuntu, but it isn't a tutorial it's just a demonstration video, he/she said that he achieved this by manually adding Grub entry

Link to the YT video:
https://youtu.be/YV50W2nYlho
Last edited by SMG on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Other Topics to Installation & Boot.
vinayak_420
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dual Boot Lakka Os with Mint Cinnamon

Post by vinayak_420 »

So I did more research and saw the comments on the video I have mentioned in this video, the creator said that he/she used SUPER GRUB 2 to add Lakka Os grub menu.

I just need more information how I have to do this now. Linux mint may update grub when I install.
So how I have to go while installing.
Like?
Lakka Os > Linux Mint > Super Grub 2
Lakka os >SUPER GRUB 2 > Linux Mint

Or how can I add manually the boot of Lakka os

Return to “Installation & Boot”