strange login screen

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
plutus

strange login screen

Post by plutus »

The login screen in Helena is really ugly...hard to explain but the icons/fonts are not correctly displayed (buttons are not "rounded", font rendering is really poor). After logging in, everything is fine...

Am I the only one?

How can I post a screenshot?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flc

Re: strange login screen

Post by Flc »

I have the same problem...my login screen does not look at all like the one on the official screenshots.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!
Flc

Post by Flc »

Actually I think that's no issue, that's just that the new design of the login screen on Helena.

Weird that the one of last version (7) looked much better :?
plutus

Post by plutus »

well, if you look at the login image in the main page of linuxmint.com it's not the same
Flc

Post by Flc »

Yup, I think that's the one from version 7.

Spent the last hour looking for a solution but apparently no way of changing that, at least easily as one could on version 7...
jerboyd

Post by jerboyd »

i'm having this issue as well. when i first installed it looked fine and after an update the login screen lost the default theme and looks grey and square. i can't figure out how to take a screenshot there or i would post it.

jeremy boyd
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I can only assume that you guys must be extremely slow typists or have extraordinarily long passwords.

How long do you look at the login screen for :lol:

Return to “Installation & Boot”