Linux Mint 20.2 will not boot with Quadro card installed. SOLVED

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint 20.2 will not boot with Quadro card installed.

Post by SMG »

duketate wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:28 am SMG,

Thank you SO MUCH for your time, knowledge, and patience. The machine and Nvidia are working again. I now have to reinstall the drivers, so that my 2 monitor setup will kick in again, but aside from that everything is back to the way it was.
Was it a bad cable? Or just a loose connection?

Please go to your first post in this topic, click the pencil icon, and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the title so others know you are no longer seeking help on this issue.
duketate wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:39 am One more, completely unrelated, question: after one of the updates the speed of my network appears to have been cut in half. When I compare the network connection from this machine vs. the connection from a Windows machine - each with a 1 Gig port and connecting to the same port on the switch - the Win machine achieves twice the speed!? Any idea why?

Network: Device-1: Broadcom and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
vendor: Hewlett-Packard NC107i Server driver: tg3 v: 3.137 port: 2000 bus ID: 1e:00.0
chip ID: 14e4:165b
IF: ens1 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Sounds like an issue with an update. Usual methodology is to revert back to a working snapshot and then test the updates individually (or in small groups if there were a lot of updates) to determine which one might be the one causing the problem. I don't help much with networking speed issues so nothing comes to mind for me. I suggest creating a new topic for that in the Networking section of the forum if you are not able to find a cause.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
duketate
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 20.2 will not boot with Quadro card installed. SOLVED

Post by duketate »

Thanks again.

I did mark the thread as solved.

Return to “Installation & Boot”