Upgrade from Mint 20.3 to 21 SGX disabled by BIOS

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wieczor
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade from Mint 20.3 to 21 SGX disabled by BIOS

Post by Wieczor »

Pleas help o get this message after upgrading to mint 21 and I don't know what to do

Last edited by LockBot on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Upgrade from Mint 20.3 to 21 SGX disabled by BIOS

Post by SMG »

The "SGX disabled by bios"SOLVED is not a message with which you have to do anything.

I am not sure where you are in your investigation or what errors you got when you upgraded. If you took a Timeshift snapshot of your system before upgrading, you can boot to a live session of Linux Mint with your install usb and use Timeshift on it to revert back to your snapshot.

If you want to try working through what you have, maybe something from this Stuck in emergency mode and nothing works? will help.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
PaganDegree
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PaganDegree »

Found a solution that works for me (My BIOS SGX setting was Software Controlled). Git repo is Archived by Intel this year, 1/7/23, but it works if you have your SGX set to Software Controlled.

https://github.com/intel/sgx-software-enable
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

PaganDegree wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:24 pm Found a solution that works for me (My BIOS SGX setting was Software Controlled). Git repo is Archived by Intel this year, 1/7/23, but it works if you have your SGX set to Software Controlled.

https://github.com/intel/sgx-software-enable
For what reason do you need that enabled? Is there some software you are developing that needs it?

The default is to have it disabled because most people do not need it enabled.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Installation & Boot”