[SOLVED] error in update manager

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jarp53
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] error in update manager

Post by jarp53 »

I had to upgrade to 21 with the Mint upgrade tool, and now the update manager is showing this error

Code: Select all

W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources:1
this is on the xfce desktop; can some one show me what to do.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: error in update manager

Post by antikythera »

open Software Sources and use the maintenance button to remove duplicates
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
jarp53
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jarp53 »

did that and restart just to make sure but still showing the error and not updating
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, jarp53.

All warnings about duplicated entries are about the WineHQ software repository.
The warnings tell that identical entries for WineHQ have been put in 2 software sources list files:
1. /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list
2. /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-jammy.sources

As Software Sources seems to fail to remove the duplicated entries, you will have to do so manually.
Remove the WineHQ entries either from additional-repositories or from winehq-jammy.

Cannot give any more detailled steps, because I am not sitting in front of Linux Mint at the moment. Sorry.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
jarp53
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jarp53 »

thanks it looks like is all good for now

Return to “Installation & Boot”