Black screen while normal booting

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marts
Level 1
Level 1

Black screen while normal booting

Post by marts »

Hello, this is my first time trying to install linux (tina 19.2 32-bits) and once I finished the installation and restart the laptop it won't turn off. Therefore, I had to force to power off and when I turn on the comupter, the only way to boot the system is by recovery mode > resume boot, the normal boot just shows me a black screen with a white line like I'm writting commands in the promtp but completly frozen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Black screen while normal booting

Post by SMG »

marts wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:53 pm Hello, this is my first time trying to install linux (tina 19.2 32-bits)
Welcome to the forum, marts.

Can you please boot to a live session of Linux Mint using your install usb (like you probably did when you were testing it before you installed it) and give us information about your hardware. To do that, please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click Copy, and paste the results into a reply window here.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Installation & Boot”