Having problems with grub and mint doesn't boot on a UEFI pc

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
toni500
Level 1
Level 1

Having problems with grub and mint doesn't boot on a UEFI pc

Post by toni500 »

I got this new pc with a UEFI bios. Then since it has only 500gb and I had a 480gb ssd of an old bios laptop, and I didn't want to transfer everything on the new, I made that the old ssd have Linux and the ssd of the new pc has windows.

The problems I'm having with grub on the old ssd, it has 4 options: linuxmint, the kernel boot options and 2 windows boot options (idk why but it's not this the problem) and if I want to select the kernel options, I can't because it goes all the way down on the windows boot option.

Then another problem is that after installing some https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode debian packages from the official sites, Linux doesn't boot but I can boot in live usb

Please how can I fix these issues because I really like this pc and the 300fps on cs:go Linux version
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manyroads
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Having problems with grub and mint doesn't boot on a UEFI pc

Post by manyroads »

If you would please follow the instructions in the pink area above on How-to-get-help, folks will be better able to help you. On the surface, I'd guess you installed things incorrectly.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark
SwayWM, i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm
Professional Genealogist & Technologist
(http://eirenicon.org & http://many-roads.com)
bendipa
Level 5
Level 5

Post by bendipa »

toni500 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:09 am The problems I'm having with grub on the old ssd, it has 4 options: linuxmint, the kernel boot options and 2 windows boot options (idk why but it's not this the problem) and if I want to select the kernel options, I can't because it goes all the way down on the windows boot option.
You are not making a lot of sense, although I appreciate English may not be your first language. From what I can guess, you can't boot to Linux. So what exactly happens when you select LinuxMint and hit Enter? What does the (BIB) even mean? Are you referring to the 'advanced options' when you mention 'kernel options'?

First of all if you can, post up a photo of your grub screen so I can see what you are talking about. Also paste output of sudo parted -l from Live Mint (boot from USB drive) as that is often a useful indicator of an issue.
Computer: Dell Vostro 470
Systems: Linux Mint 21.2 Xfce (Victoria), Manjaro 23.1 Xfce (Vulcan), Windows 10 (22H2) Pro.
toni500
Level 1
Level 1

Post by toni500 »

Sorry for my bad English yall, but I already fixed the problem by another post. Thanks anyways
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Which post solved your problem? Please mention here.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Installation & Boot”