oem temporary user

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lu6fgh
Level 1
Level 1

oem temporary user

Post by lu6fgh »

Hello . Install mint on a pc with w10, but I installed it in oem mode, now every time you start and it blocks oem temporary user appears as the logo, finish the installation so that it remains as a common user (final)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: oem temporary user

Post by mikeflan »

If you are looking for help I suggest you describe what you are trying to say with this statement:
it blocks oem temporary user appears as the logo, finish the installation so that it remains as a common user (final)
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

lu6fgh wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:21 pm Hello . Install mint on a pc with w10, but I installed it in oem mode, now every time you start and it blocks oem temporary user appears as the logo, finish the installation so that it remains as a common user (final)
Is there a reason when you installed Mint you chose an OEM installation? OEM is for vendors / sellers / manufactureres / IT groups and not the average everyday user.
You have the right to go through life unoffended. Children under the age of 13 get a pass on this...others do not.
-
About me and my Mint computer components
Linux Mint 21.3 - Virginia - XFCE 4.18.1 - 6.5.0-26-generic
lu6fgh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lu6fgh »

Lou77 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:14 pm
lu6fgh wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:21 pm Hello . Install mint on a pc with w10, but I installed it in oem mode, now every time you start and it blocks oem temporary user appears as the logo, finish the installation so that it remains as a common user (final)
Is there a reason when you installed Mint you chose an OEM installation? OEM is for vendors / sellers / manufactureres / IT groups and not the average everyday user.
Hello, simply follow a youtube tutorial on how to install linux having win 10, and it made me install it that way
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBRevhOlfN8) I think the explanation is wrong and I fell into the error
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

I did not view the video but you should be able to do a dual boot using these instructions from Linux Mint. Just pick the language of your choice.

Install Mint

I believe that if you go with the USB Live install again, just do the standard install along side Windows. I do not have a dual boot system so I can't help with that part. The Mint instructions look a tad different than mine, but, do not choose the erase disk option as that will wipe out your Windows install. You may need to choose Other and then select your old Mint partition as the place to do the install.
You have the right to go through life unoffended. Children under the age of 13 get a pass on this...others do not.
-
About me and my Mint computer components
Linux Mint 21.3 - Virginia - XFCE 4.18.1 - 6.5.0-26-generic
Wilop91
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Wilop91 »

Hello

I have checked the video (althoug my knowledge of spanish is rather limited) and I'm surprised about his aproach.

After making free space, he created partitions for Linux using the W10 utility. For me this is unusual - I usually only make free space and let the LM installer create the partitions.

As far I could understand (?) the guy did not explain why he is making an OEM install. But if it is a laptop for personal use, the "Start LM" option should rather be used.

W.O.
For my daily use a CLEVO laptop with LM20.1 booting Legacy
And for my testing a Dell laptop with W10, LM20.1 and Manjaro booting UEFI
Jo-con-Ël
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Jo-con-Ël »

Yes that guy installs OEM but doesn't say why. I would not recommend that video in any case: it is installing on VM, that's is why no boot sequence is shown, no mention to boot mode,....

I have never did that OEM installation before but I would double-click on Preparar para la entrega al usuario... (Prepare for shipping) shortcut on desktop and reboot (see here).
Arrieritos semos y en el camino nos encontraremos.

Return to “Installation & Boot”