Printer discovery question

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ballzo
Level 1
Level 1

Printer discovery question

Post by Ballzo »

So I installed Mint 21 as my fulltime desktop solution a few months ago and one of the things I am struggling with is printer setup. I am not sure how it works exactly. In the past you had to install your printer on your os. When I went to go do that, I see that is somehow autodiscovered my wifi printer. Cool.

But now it seems most of the time when I need to print, its not showing up for me and I can't print. Then after I give up and find another method to get what I need printed, the printer shows up! Its making me nuts.

Can someone explain exactly how this works and maybe provide some direction to help ease my print frustration?

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Printer discovery question

Post by Pjotr »

The blessings of driverless printing (welcome to the future!). :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, the new driverless printing is still sometimes problematic. But you can also try the old-fashioned way, by uninstalling the "driverless" packages and then installing the driver.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Return to “Installation & Boot”