Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
linuxuser24
Level 1
Level 1

please help me extend disk image with mint4win

Post by linuxuser24 »

i just installed Linux mint in windows and it was very good OS.but the problem is,i install it by only 17 GB just for testing but it was very good so i want to extend it .can someone please help me !

thank you for taking time and sorry for my bad english
jroa
Level 2
Level 2

Re: please help me extend disk image with mint4win

Post by jroa »

Why don't you do a full install on a dedicated partition? It would make life so much easier when you want to grow, shrink, or delete an operating system. I have never tried Wubi or mint4win, but I have made dedicated partitions and I can modify those partitions very fast in either Windows or Linux.
linuxuser24
Level 1
Level 1

Post by linuxuser24 »

thank you for fast reply but i want a simple answer yes or no and i dont want to mess with my new laptop on it (windows 7) so it's better for me wubi
bobc4012
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bobc4012 »

You will need to download LVPM (from http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html ) and use GDebi to install it. You may have to install GDebi (use the Synaptic Package Manager). Then use the following as discussed at: http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html :

Resizing virtual disks using LVPM (not necessary if you're transferring the install to a dedicated partition)

Run LVPM, and once the menu appears, select either "resizehome" (to resize the /home virtual disk) or "resizeroot" (to resize the / virtual disk).

Input the new size, in MB, of the virtual disk.

Wait until the program finishes creating a new disks file and copying files from original home disk file; it will pop up a final instruction window instructing to backup the original home disk file and renaming the newly created disk file

Boot into windows and navigate to c:\wubi\disks, move the old virtual disk to a different folder as backup, and rename new.virtual.disk to home.virtual.disk (if you used resizehome) or system.virtual.disk (if you used resizeroot)

Reboot into ubuntu

Good luck. BTW, I understand your just wanting a "Yes" or "No" answer. Too often answers are given to use dual-booting and dedicated partitions, etc. While I have no problem doing that, there are times when I have good reason not to do it that way.

Return to “Installation & Boot”