Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Binx
Level 1
Level 1

Remove Dual Boot Menu

Post by Binx »

Hi
I know similar questions have been asked but not quite like this one, I've just dual booted my mint 9 box with the debian net install of debian testing, that went horribly wrong so i want to restore my boot loader back to a standard single boot, i can boot into mint ok but i have to select it from the menu, would it be ok to reinstall grub 2 from synaptic then run update-grub? :mrgreen:

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Remove Dual Boot Menu

Post by remoulder »

Which version of grub is installed, the Mint version or the Debian one? If mint then all you should need to do is delete the Debian installation and run sudo update-grub as grub2 autodetects installed OSes. If you need to reinstall the mint grub see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 ... 20GRUB%202
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Binx
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Remove Dual Boot Menu

Post by Binx »

remoulder wrote:Which version of grub is installed, the Mint version or the Debian one? If mint then all you should need to do is delete the Debian installation and run sudo update-grub as grub2 autodetects installed OSes. If you need to reinstall the mint grub see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 ... 20GRUB%202
It was the debian one, it had over written the mint one.
Before i saw your reply i had come up with a fix of my own :roll: I installed mint 9 on my spare drive that debian was on, so i've now got a mint9/mint9 dual boot :lol: this allows me to go into my second install and set my first intall as default boot :oops: it not a cure but it got me out of trouble :mrgreen:

Now that the debian grub has been over written on the first drive with a new mint one would i now be able to fix things the way you said by removing the second install and running sudo update-grub :D

Do you get the impression your talking to an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Installation & Boot”