Celena Corrupt downloads?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

Celena Corrupt downloads?

Post by donlinux »

I've downloaded Celena from two different mirrors, burned it using Nero on my Windows box which has worked for all other live cd's. This time I got the same error message on boot for both which was "disk image checksum error-sorry"

the two mirrors I used were 42-labs.de and softpedia.com

Anyone else experience this problem? or.. have a fix?

Many thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Have you checked the md5sum?
You need to get a third party software for that in Windows and the md5sum is found on the download page.
Such an error on boot is new to me...
and I don't really know what application has calculated the checksum - but it is not the md5sum ...
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

got it from the torrent

Post by donlinux »

I have to say I was a bit confused looking for the md5 sum in Windows as I couldn't find it. And... I've never seen that checksum error message before either, however, today before I left for work I downloaded from the torrents and burned it at 4X (slowest speed) and here I am running the Celena live cd to reply to this post.

So far it looks great !

Thanks
Husse

Post by Husse »

To check the md5sum in Windows you must install some program
The checksum error you got has nothing to do with md5
The only thing I can think of is that BIOS checks the media at boot and the boot sector of that CD was corrupt

Return to “Installation & Boot”